Company: Do you want to join a growing, revolutionary, clinical stage medical device company?
Conformal Medical, Inc., headquartered in Nashua, NH, is a medical device company developing next generation left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO) technology. The left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO) space is among the fastest growing segments in the cardiovascular medical technology segment. The company recently closed its Series D financing, which raised a total of $35 million to support ongoing enrollment of the company’s CONFORM Pivotal Trial, drive iterative development projects, and broaden clinical experience in expanded geographies. Come join us as we continue our journey to bring the CLAAS technology to market in the US and beyond.
Reporting to the CFO, this will be a hands-on role, needing an individual who can create processes and procedures, and roll-up-their-sleeves and handle the day-to-day until the company scales and this person builds out a full accounting team. The ideal candidate is a CPA, with prior life sciences / biotech experience, and experienced in building out policies and procedures to create a best-in-class accounting / finance department. The Controller should have strong technical accounting experience, experience with M&A transactions, overseeing financial reporting and building out internal controls as well as strong business partnering abilities, able to build relationships throughout the organization.
* Management of the general ledger including period-end close activities
* Review and release of the semi-monthly payroll process
* Supervise AR, AP, payroll, and fixed asset activities as well as oversee the accounting for equity awards
* Prepare the consolidated financial statements and ensure proper external reporting and filing in compliance with regulations
* Serve as the liaison to external auditors and manage the annual financial audit
* Oversee tax, statutory and legal entity requirements
* Partner with management team by researching, evaluating, and documenting accounting and tax implications of complex transactions and collaborations; manage technical accounting assessments
* Coordinate with the insurance broker and carriers to properly mitigate risk
* Build financial infrastructure and policies that will support the company’s growth and drive continuous improvements in financial systems and processes
* Serve as a business partner and build relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration both inside and outside of Finance
*3+ years of Biotech/Life Sciences industry experience
* 5-7+ years of progressive accounting experience
* Hands on financial skillset and ability to own GL function
* Experience in public accounting, Big Four or large regional ideally, CPA preferred not required
* Strong systems skills, prior experience implementing new systems
* Hands on accounting experience, including operational accounting, financial reporting & month end close
Click here to apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/...